Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2012 is a good one for you! I am working on organizing things here to better accommodate the 70+ clips that are here already. Look in the coming days for a search function as well as better browsing.
Some of the hurdles and goals for 2012? Check them out by clicking "read more".
What needs to be done?
- Meta tagging and keywording each clip for better search results and matches
- I have been switching preview modes in the pages (up top) to a "click to view" mode so the Youtube clip does not take up your browser's resources when you load the page. Click on the Timelapse tab at the top of the blog to see what I am talking about.
- Linking. I have been trying to consolidate my links so if one was to break, I can easily fix it. Before you could click on a few different links to download a video, now it is all funneled to one link that can easily be monitored for each clip.
What does the future hold?
- I hope to go to 60p sometime this year. My hope is that Canon will introduce the T4i in the next few weeks and it will have the capability to shoot 1080p at 60fps. The ability to offer clips at that framerate gives the user many more options when editing.
- My skills are also improving as I shoot, so I hope to work on getting a better feel for what people need. (I have been monitoring the downloads to see what is popular).
- Generic Actors. As this blog grows, I hope to incorporate actors in generic roles. This is a large market for stock footage, and is used quite a bit by advertising agencies for corporate or commercial work. I am currently trying to build a portfolio of people that are willing to work in my area for experience and credit, that in turn will build their portfolio of work.
What can you do?
- As always, this blog would be nothing without it's visitors. I have slowly been building a fan base, and I have been fortunate enough to hear tips and suggestions from these people. The more visitors to this site, the better the site's credibility, which opens some doors for me. If this is a site with a lot of traffic, more actors will be willing to offer their time in exchange for exposure. More places will allow me to shoot within their doors. More options will open up for technology and equipment, leading to better footage for the users. My goal has always been to put 110% back into this site, and I will be sticking to it.
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share this site with your friends, co-workers, colleagues, acquaintances, cousins, neighbors or whoever. Facebook a post or the Youtube video if you like a clip I have. Twitter your recent usage of a file you've used. Google +1 any of my postings, and the ranking will go up in google's search results. All of these social media options are available and one click away at the bottom of each post.